Wednesday 6 November 2019

UK: audit reform - an update from Government

Parliament was dissolved earlier today in order for the general election to begin; voting takes place on December 12. Yesterday, in Parliament, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy commented briefly on audit reform, stating (on the assumption she remained in office) that she was "very keen on the BEIS Committee’s report into audit ... I will bring forward fundamental changes to audit. I expect that to be in the first quarter of next year. I am very interested to read its report and, as I also made clear, I want to see Donald Brydon’s report, which I believe he expects to provide to Government by the end of this year". The Secretary of State has followed these comments within an opinion article published on the Economia website in which her aspirations are more fully articulated.

No comments: